Ignoring the impending doom around the world, in my selfish little bubble, January has got off to a swimming start. I successfully re-launched my blog with a new name and new look , crossed off a few of my 2017 blog goals in the process, got promoted at work and booked a holiday. I’ve loved seeing so many of you do the same, there’s nothing like smashing through goals to get you through January!
- Instagram Travel Tip – Master the Flatlay – I’ve read dozens of posts unraveling the secrets behind the perfect flatlay, but I like that this one was focused on nailing them whilst on-the-go, when you don’t always have your set-up with you.
- Glossier founder Emily Weiss on how its customers became its most powerful sales force – despite being new kids on the block, Glossier are taking the beauty world by storm, rising to the top of lust lists everywhere. This was a nice insight into their story, and I love that Weiss recognises the power of the individual. In my opinion, this more authentic breed of influencer marketing is the future.
- A guide to buying pre-loved luxury by That New Dress – I’m always heart-eyed over That New Dress’s style, which is always accessorised by an enviable collection of shoes and bags. In this post, she shares some super useful tips on shopping second hand when it comes to designer, which I think is a great way to add higher-end pieces to your collection!
Gold metallic loafers – Charles & Keith (available here)
You’ve seen them in my last haul, I’ve Instagrammed the hell out of them, and I’ve jumped at any excuse to wear them (even though it’s truthfully still boot weather here in the UK). Rest assured my obsession has only just begun, and you’ll definitely be seeing a lot more of these beauties!
This month I’ve rediscovered some of my favourite musical soundtracks, namely RENT & Hair. Interestingly, both shows feature anarchist, anti-establishment themes quite heavily, which clearly resonates with the world’s political situation right now.
- Goodbye Love from RENT
- The Flesh Failures/Eyes Look Your Last from Hair
- Jax Jones – You Don’t Know Me (that line about throwing shapes though – GENIUS)
- Lady Gaga – AYO/John Wayne Live at Victoria’s Secret show (a warm up for tonight’s Superbowl Halftime Show – EEEEK!!!!)
Patent ankle boots
I know winter’s technically on its way out, but I’ve seriously fallen in love with the idea of a well-heeled patent ankle boot in jet black. I think it’s such a sharp finish to an outfit, and I also may have slightly been influenced by super-cool blogger Retro Flame.
What helped you make it through January?